It has been announced by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) that special board exams will be conducted for the students of classes 10 and 12 who are unable to appear for the exam due to their participation in national and international sports events and international Olympiads which take place on the exam dates. CBSE has said that they have decided to do this for the promotion of the spirit of sports in the country along with facilitating the participation of students in the international Olympiads. These national and international events in which the students participate have to be recognized by the Sports Authority of India and International Olympiads. At a later stage, CBSE will conduct exams for such students.
CBSE has issued a set of rules to be followed by all affiliated schools regarding such special exams taking into consideration the format of two-part offline board exams for the session 2021-22. Rules for term-I and term-II examination are:
• No separate exam will be conducted for the session 2021-22 term-I exam.
• The results of students unable to take the term-I exam will be decided on the basis of term-II exam.
• A letter from the Sports Authority of India has to be produced by the students participating in the national/international sports events.
• All information and requests from students should reach CBSE through schools latest by November 25, 2021.
• Regional office receipt has to be provided for the determination of the authenticity of such requests.
• Test reports have to be provided by students tested positive during the schedule of conduct of examination.
Founder & Consultant - School Serv
Vinod Kakumanu heads a team of school services professionals and is an independent commentator on Indian school education scenario. Vinod has assisted school promoters establish 35+ schools besides providing ancillary services to over 1000 schools across India. He envisions a future where quality education is made available to every child of the country. The focus he places on the quality of the deliverables and customer satisfaction has made him renowned in the field of K-12 school education.