Documents Needed While Applying for CBSE Affiliation
Posted on April 25, 2018 |
by Vinod Kakumanu
All applications shall be submitted online only. Following documents are required to be uploaded while making an application for CBSE affiliation online –
- No Objection Certificate stating that State/UT Government has no objection with regard to CBSE affiliation of the school. The NOC will be considered valid until it is affirmatively withdrawn by the issuing authority, therefore the school promoters need not worry if the NOC is past its indicated period. The name and address of the school in this certificate should be same as mentioned by the school in the application.
- Formal prior Recognition letter issued by the education department of the state or the union territory declaring the affiliation of the school with the state board. If the school is applying for Middle Class Approval, recognition letter for classes I to V will be required. In case the school is applying for provisional CBSE affiliation for secondary level (class IX and X), it will need to submit the recognition letter for the class I to VIII.
- The mode of uploading must be a scanned single pdf file in case of both the NOC and Recognition letter
- Copy of Registration letter of the Trust/Society Section 8 Company. The name and address of the Society/Trust/Company in this certificate should be same as mentioned by the school in the application form.
- Land Certificate from the concerned authority
- Affidavits announcing the following (find sample affidavit at http://cbseaff.nic.in/cbse_aff/welcome.aspx)
- Non-Proprietary Character of society from First Class Magistrate.
- No relation amongst the School Managing Committee members.
- That without Affiliation school will not start class 9th/11th
- That society/school is not part of any franchise arrangement
- Infrastructure detail photographs Front view, back view, library, all labs, top view from the roof of the school including a playground and all 4 sides of the boundary wall in a single PDF file.
- Fire safety certificate
- Health & Sanitation certificate.
- Safe drinking water certificate
- Building Safety Certificate.
- Staff EPF deduction certificate Latest EPF challan in the name of the school
- Reserve funds proof (Only in case of up gradation).
- Balance sheet/Financial status certified by CA for last 3 years
- Salary paid through ECS/Cheque (Certificate issued by the associated bank).
In case of switch over from state board to CBSE at secondary or higher secondary level
- Affidavit for the closure of classes in a phased manner along with 2 to 3 years State board result in gazette issued by the state board
- Land registration and/or lease documents
Important details related to the aforementioned documents
Land Documents: The documents related to the school land that the school must produce before the board at the time of application for affiliation, inspection and thereafter, include–
- Legible copies of the registered sale deed, lease deed or the gift deed through which the ownership of land has accrued in the name of the school or the Society/Trust/Company running the school. Such land has to be in the name of the school or the society running the school. If the land is leased, the period of the lease must not be less than 30 years.
- Land certificate–The school must acquire the original Land Certificate issued by the concerned District magistrate/Registering/Revenue authorities.
Essential Safety certificates: The certificates among those aforementioned that pertain to the safety of the building and other amenities for children will be considered valid for 1 year after the date of issuance, this in case when the certificate does not have a specified date.
- It must be noted by the school promoters that the Building safety certificate must have been issued by a Government Authority and not from private engineers. Safety certificate issued by empaneled engineers will only be admissible if they have been authorized by the state government to issue “Building and Structural Safety Certificate”. Fire Safety certificate must be issued by Fire Department and Safe drinking water and Health & Hygiene certificate must also be issued by Govt. authority.
Balance Sheet: School’s account should be separate from that of the Society/Trust/Company to which the school is associated. Complete Balance Sheet for the last three years of school operations audited by CA should be in place for review.
Franchisee schools: The CBSE bye-laws clearly mandate that the school should not be paying any fee or royalty to any other organization or institution for the use of name, logo or motto. An affidavit stating the above is also required to be submitted.
All the documents that are to be uploaded at the time of application must be either in English or Hindi. If the document is translated from vernacular to English or Hindi, an affidavit to the effect that the translation is exact, free from omissions or commissions must be given by the Manager appointed by the School Management Committee along with the name designation and stamp/seal of the issuing authority. The proformas, certificates are given in the respective appendices of the affiliation bye laws of the board. It has to be ensured before uploading that the size of any file should not exceed the given limit.
For assistance on any aspect of starting a CBSE school or obtaining CBSE affiliation, up gradation or CBSE switch over of an existing school, contact us